Rajthevee Jobs Purchasing & Logistics Officer Position at Mahidol-Oxford Research Unit,
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
We are hiring! To candidates with Diploma of High Vocational Education which prioritizing honesty and discipline and experienced in the field of , we Mahidol-Oxford Research Unit,, are looking for candidates who are interested to join us and fill the position as purchasing & logistics officer and dedicated to work in full time & permanent which domiciled in Rajthevee and surrounding areas.
We offer a competitive monthly base salary from ฿24,000 - ฿45,000.
Due to prioritize professionalism in the work environment, the salary can be adjusted upon compromise with our company's HRD according to the capabilities of the candidate.
|Company||Mahidol-Oxford Research Unit,|
|Position||Purchasing & Logistics Officer|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Work Experience||4 years|
|Qualification||Diploma of High Vocational Education|
|Type of Work||Full Time, Permanent|
|Minimum Salary||THB 24.000|
|Maximum Salary||THB 45.000|
The Purchase & Logistics Officer will support the Purchasing & Logistics team on procurement activities ensuring all procurement is via the most appropriate and economically advantageous route. Primary function is to the procurement of equipment, services, and supplies necessary to meet research objectives. This position is responsible for selecting and negotiating with approved vendors or prospecting new vendors. Ensuring project equipment, services, and materials are purchased and delivered at the best total cost, comply with specified quality standards and use requirements, are delivered on time, and follow up with vendors when there is a problem with delivery. Issues purchase orders to company policies and procedures. Work cross-functionally with other groups to resolve the issues. Manage inbound-outbound shipments and inland transportations to unit collaborators. Input fixed asset registration details and coordinate with other departments for equipment maintenance and other services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and source in procurement and non-procurement of equipment, services, and supplies necessary to meet research objectives for local and oversea
- Compare the prices of material and consumable between local and Oxford University
- Review and evaluate requisitions from various divisions and discuss with requisitioner when necessary for clear specifications to complete and accurate information before inquiry a quotation from supplier.
- Advise requisitioner on alternative options of suppliers and services
- Negotiate establishing terms, pricing, quality requirements, delivery, and contracts on existing and new contracts to ensure best cost / service efficiency to the business.
- Issue purchase orders, place order and change orders as necessary in accordance with unit policy and procedures.
- Follow up the status of purchase orders with suppliers to ensure timely delivery, expedite for back orders and communicate status of order with requisitioner/ internal staff
- Communicate with responsible person of network research sites for schedule to deliver supplies and prepare invoice /packing list and monitor packing supplies for delivery to other sites
- Manage transportation and arrange shipment for delivery across country and monitor shipment is delivered and arrived safety
- Handle with custom clearance process for import shipment and coordinate with project administrator for import-export shipment to study sites
- 3-Way Matching a quotation, PR, PO and invoice and related document before delivery to account payable for payment process
- Scan invoice and attach into NetSuite before delivery to account payable for petty cash payment process
- To align with purchase order, this position has to review invoices with accounts payable to verify the prices/terms.
- Complete equipment detail and location in the fixed asset record
- Follow up and update Fixed Assets location when it is transferred
- Resolve vendor or contractor claims against suppliers
- Evaluate Supplier Performance
- Manage and monitor equipment service maintenance and contracts and interface with internal staff and vendor for Laboratory service maintenance other services
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and organization policies
- Handle and coordinate with facility maintenance team of Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University for maintenance and safety issues
- Advise how to use Net Suite software, explain purchasing SOP and related forms to requisitioner
- Bachelor degree in Business administration, Logistic Management, Management Information or equivalent with at least 2 years working experience in purchasing & Logistics fields
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Diploma degree with at least 4 years working experience in purchasing & Logistics fields
Skills – Communication:
- Excellent reading, written and verbal communication skills in Thai and English language
- Knowledge in customs formality procedure and FDA regulation
- Experience in communicating effectively all recommendations and information regarding purchases; document clearly, precisely and logically in procurement files
- Experience in principles, and techniques of negotiation and administration, and types of purchase orders
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office products
- Proficiency in purchasing software systems.
- Able to work independently on assignments.
- Ability to solve varied, but straight forward problems, selecting solutions from learned range of alternatives.
- Well organized & detail oriented.
- Advocate of team concept.
- Ability to show initiative and ask questions to achieve results
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills to priorities and set appropriate deadlines
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and organization policies
Skills – People:
- Commitment to customer service and ability to successfully work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across a wide range of constituencies both internally and externally.
- Able to work collaboratively across all departments and collaborators to manage a complex workload
- High degree of integrity to maintain confidentiality of work and uphold ethical standards.
Terms & conditions
The post is based in Bangkok at the Mahidol Oxford Research unit (https://ww.tropmedres.ac/).
The salary will be based on MORU scales and will depend on experience and qualifications.
The salary package includes:
- 13th months of salary
- Health and life insurance
- Social Security
- Provident Fund
- 20 days of annual leave
The successful applicant should have good communication skills. Interested applicants, please submit your application with detailed resumé to Purchasing & Logistics Manager
Khun Pornjarus Sukhapiwat
Mahidol-Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit (MORU)
Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University
420/6 Rajvithi Road, Bangkok 10400
|Address||Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit, 420/6 Rajvithi Road, Tungphyathai, Bangkok 10400, Thailand|
- Issue, follow up and complete purchase orders
- Excellent English skills; writing, speaking
- Knowledge in customs procedure and FDA regulation
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
Mahidol-Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit (MORU) is a medical research collaboration between the Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University,
the University of Oxford, and the Wellcome Trust (UK). Our main research interests are the epidemiology, diagnosis, pathophysiology and treatment of malaria, scrub typhus, melioidosis, leptospirosis and other tropical infections which impose a substantial
disease burden on rural populations throughout this populous region. MORU is looking for enthusiastic people to join our team.
- Industry: Laboratory
- Benefits & Others: Dental insurance, Life insurance, Medical insurance, Five-day work week