Klongtoey Jobs Project Coordinator (mitigation) Position at GIZ Office Bangkok
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
GIZ Office Bangkok has open a job vacancy for the domicile of Klongtoey and surrounding areas as project coordinator (mitigation) with full time & contract work system which will then be placed in our company office.
The candidates we need are those who have the minimum criteria of Master and experienced and have the integrity to work in the field of .
Our company highly values a professional and competitive work environment, therefore, candidates are required to uphold honesty and discipline in a work environtment.
As a professional company, we offer a competitive monthly base salary ฿24,000 - ฿45,000 which can be adjusted by the decision of our HRD company and adjusts to the capabilities of the candidate offers for our company.
|Company||GIZ Office Bangkok|
|Position||Project Coordinator (mitigation)|
|Career Level||Entry Level|
|Work Experience||5 years|
|Type of Work||Contract, Full Time|
|Minimum Salary||THB 24.000|
|Maximum Salary||THB 45.000|
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, owned by the German government, operates on behalf of German Ministries, the governments of other countries and international clients. GIZ has a record of more than 60 years working in Thailand. As part of GIZ Thailand’s Environment and Climate Cluster, we are currently looking for a Project Coordinator to support the implementation of project activities.
Project Coordinator (Mitigation)
Thai-German cooperation on climate change started with its first joint projects in 2008 and up until now Thailand has already taken substantial steps both in the field of climate change mitigation and adaptation. In the area of climate change policy development, GIZ works closely with the Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy and Planning (ONEP) as the main political partner and in cooperation with other key line agencies on improving the climate change policy environment and enabling the implementation of these policies at the national and subnational level. Recently, we have expanded this cooperation with ONEP to the field of biodiversity conservation and management. To ensure efficient project implementation in this multi-stakeholder environment in line with international standards, supporting the implementation of key global agreements, particularly the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCC), the Paris Agreement, the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and the United Nations 2030 Agenda, we as integrated team of national and international climate and environmental policy analysts, engineers and political scientists, under the Climate, Coastal and Marine Biodiversity (CCMB) project, are now seeking for an interested candidate to complement our team and provide these key supporting functions of project implementation.
- delivering professional advisory services in topics related to project implementation, and particularly related to climate mitigation policies and measures and relevant mitigation policy instruments, including carbon emission trading and carbon taxation
- supporting the project director in project management and coordination, including liaising with donors and partners
- supporting the project’s communication and visibility activities
- initiating and maintaining knowledge management within project and contributing to GIZ-wide knowledge management
- supporting business development and acquisition processes.
To exercise the Advisor’s responsibilities, the following tasks are foreseen:
1.Professional advisory services
- Provides technical advice to, and supports capacity development within partner institution(s) on various climate mitigation related topics focusing on climate mitigation policies and measures, mitigation policy instruments, including carbon emission trading and carbon taxation, and other topics that are relevant to the project’s scope
- Supports partner institution(s) in identifying needs for external support and advice
- Formulates job descriptions and terms of reference, as well as selects and supervises third party consultant(s)/grant recipient(s) in the course of carrying out project activities
- Provides technical and related guidance to third party consultant(s)/grant recipient(s) to ensure effective and timely delivery of high-quality services to partner institution(s)
- Designs, prepares and organizes workshops, seminars and other events on issues related to the project/programme’s outputs and work packages
- Identify opportunities and support the project director to develop new businesses for different climate finance sources (IKI, GCF, and other donors), involving various national partners, as appropriat
2. Project management and coordination
- Supports the project director and partner institution(s) to develop work plans and implementation strategies for the project in order to fulfill the common objective(s) as identified in the project’s outcome and outputs
- Plans and manages project activities under relevant work packages, as assigned and agreed by the project director and in accordance with the project’s outcome and outputs
- Monitors project progress and activities in close consultation with relevant counterparts, reviews reports, identifies bottlenecks, develops and implements quality assurance measures, and, as necessary, recommends alternative management options to the project director
- Documents project progress, activities and challenges and provides relevant input to project’s monitoring and evaluation reports and related tools
- Regularly updates the project director on relevant project progress and seeks advice as needed to ensure high-quality, effective and timely execution of project activities
- Briefs the project director and team about key developments of climate change discussions in Thailand, in the region and internationally
- Acts as a focal point for communication with partner agencies, as assigned by the project director
- Communicates and coordinates with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and timely execution of project activities
- Communicates and coordinates with other projects and relevant working groups, clusters and other network mechanisms within GIZ to ensure synergies and harmonized approaches in delivery of services
3. Communication and visibility
- Develops collaborative relationships with national partners, including relevant agencies and line ministries, academia, civil society organizations, and other relevant national and international organizations
- Liaises with partners and consultants to develop relevant communication materials, including newsletters, website contents and other outreach activities
- Helps coordinate the cooperation of the project with other national, regional and international programmes/projects
- Represents the project and GIZ in national and international events
4. Knowledge management
- Ensures proper documentation of project information to promote knowledge transfer e.g. through DMS and related tools
- Develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
- Draws up reports and presentation documents
- Formulates appropriate input for various reports including annual reports, and contributes to other reports required by the project director and GIZ Head Office
- Assists with research activities and studies which benefit the project
5. Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competence and experience
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in climate change/environmental management, environmental economics, environmental engineering and/or related fields
- 5 years of professional working experience in a similar position or related field
- Professional experience in the field of project management
- Working experience with national and international organisations and/or ministries
- Fluent command of written and spoken English
- Very good presentation and writing skills
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Proactive and positive attitudes and ability to self-motivate
- Hands-on mentality and detail-oriented work ethics
- Ability to work under time pressure by ensuring quality outputs and meeting deadlines
- Interest and ability to work in a cross-cultural context and environment
- Strong interest to work on climate change and sustainable development topics
- Willingness to upskill, as required and supported by agreed measures with project director
- Readiness to travel frequently in accordance with project requirements
Duty station and timeframe:
The position will be based in Bangkok and will report to the GIZ’s Project Office.
This will be a fixed-term contract, starting as soon as possible and running until 31 December 2027.
Please carefully read the ad and submit a CV AND a cover letter in English by click ” Apply Now”
The deadline for application is 10 May 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Thailand is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages gender diversity within the company and operations.
Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
|Address||GIZ Office Bangkok – German International Cooperation Based in Bangkok, Thailand, อาคาร เลครัชดา 193/63 Complex (16th floor) New, Ratchadaphisek Rd, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand|
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in climate change
- 5 years of professional working experience
- Fluent command of written and spoken English
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbHis a public enterprise owned by the German Federal Government.
German development cooperation in Thailand has been operating through GIZ since 1956 when Germany and Thailand signed the Agreement on Development Economic Cooperation.
With time, GIZ activity have evolved towards technical cooperation in particular in the fields of climate and economic transformation.
In financial and commercial tasks, all programs are supported by the Service Unit for Finances and Administration. Finance Managers support project
directors and their teams in annual financial planning, monitoring and reporting as well as in the preparation and monitoring of grant agreements and other contracts. The Service Unit thrives to offer professional financial services following GIZ’s rules and
regulations as well as General accepted financial and accounting principles. Staff of the Service Unit works closely with the project teams, with staff at the GIZ country office as well as with relevant departments at GIZ Headquarters in Germany.
The Service Unit is seeking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager who shall be working mainly for the projects in the field of Natural Resources
Management/ Circular Economy in Thailand and Malaysia.